HDPE Manholes: HDPE manholes, sumps, tanks and other structures are constructed from both solid wall HDPE pipe and profile wall PE 3408 HDPE pipe. They are leak-free, lightweight and offer excellent chemical resistance. Manholes/Sumps and other structures are available in the following sizes.Manholes, Sumps and other structures are prefabricated on a custom basis. Bottoms are welded when possible, inside and outside with gussets added for additional strength. Bottoms are normally fabricated from 1/2 to 2 inch HDPE plate, and are recommended to be determined by the designing engineer in accordance with ASTM F-1759. Outlets may be positioned per specifications. Outlets may be flanged or plain for butt or electro-fusion joining. Tops are available plain or with risers. Manholes covers are selected according to application and traffic loads. When required, ladders can be fitted inside with manhole.
Profile wall HDPE manholes and sumps offer more wall stiffness and therefore greater crush resistance than manholes and sumps constructed from SDR 32.5 or SDR 26 solid wall HDPE pipe. Profile wall manholes and sumps are excellent for landfills and applications with unstable ground conditions or high water tables.
HDPE Manhole, sump and valve box are used where corrosion and abrasion would reduce the design life of manholes constructed from concrete and other traditional materials.
Sanitary Systems where hydrogen Sulphide shortens the life of concrete manholes are excellent candidates for HDPE manholes. HDPE is inert to most acids and bases. HDPE manholes eliminate exfiltration and infiltration, reducing the amount of treatment required. Manholes are integral part of sewerage and drainage systems. They are used to maintain, repair and clean such infrastructure, and play a key role in the service of thousands of kilometres of pipe networks. Manholes can be used to change flow directions, adjust falls and profiles, and establish sewerage system joining.
Spiral-wound High-Density Polyethylene manholes (HDPE) are formed using a unique double-wall ‘I ‘beam profiling, resulting in compression strengths up to 8KN/m2. Resistant to fatigue and corrosion, HDPE manholes has an estimated asset life of 100 years. Pipe size range from DN600 to DN3000.
A fabricated base is permanently fixed to the base, and an outlet and several inlets stubs are robotically cut and welded into position – to suit your exact requirements for diameter, class, angle and height.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR HDPE MANHOLES AND FABRICATED STRUCTURES MATERIALS:
- Manholes and other HDPE structures shall be fabricated from materials made from high-density polyethylene resin PE 100.
- This material shall have a minimum long-term hydrostatic strength of 1600 psi when analysed in accordance with ASTM D 2837.
- The base resin shall have 2 % of well-dispersed carbon black.
- The density of the base compound shall be greater than 0.955 as referenced in ASTM D 1505.
- Tensile Strength at yield shall be greater than 3200 psi in accordance with ASTM D 638.
- Slow Crack Growth Resistance shall be greater than 100 hours (PENT TEST) per ASTM F 1473.
- HDPE manholes, sumps, valve boxes and other HDPE structures are custom fabricated to the design engineer’s specifications. Inlets/outlets can be positioned at any position or height on the manhole. Inlet/outlets maybe designed flanged or plain end for butt fusion or electro-fusion connections.
Bottoms of high density polyethylene manholes are extrusion welded inside the manhole and outside the manhole for additional strength. Reinforcing gussets are available on bottoms and where feasible on inlets/outlets. The bottoms can be oversized with concrete poured around them to resist floatation. Anti-floatation rings can also be extrusion welded to resist floatation in high water tables. Manhole bottoms are normally fabricated from 1/2 to 2-inch pipe grade sheet stock. Bottoms are recommended to be specified by the design engineer in accordance with ASTM F-1759. Manhole tops can be fabricated hinged, bolted on to a top plate flange and with risers that may call for concrete poured around the top and riser to accommodate h 20 traffic loads. Ductile iron rings and tops can be installed on HDPE manhole risers.
Expandable height manholes can be manufactured using Electro-fusion couplings or extrusion welded collars. Expandable manhole segments of 1-3metres may be added to existing manholes, making HDPE manholes prefect for s where future elevation changes are anticipated. Additional sections do not change the ID of the manhole.
- Sanitary Manholes
- Stormwater Manholes
- Chlorination Chambers
- House Connection Chambers
- Instrument Chambers
- Valve Chambers
- Vacuum Chambers
- HDPE Tanks
- Light weight
- Ease to install
- Adaptability to existing systems
- Resistance to corrosion and abrasion.
- Resistance to ultraviolet rays.
- High Impact Strength.
- Optimum hydraulics.
- Low running and maintenance cost.